Mission and Vision
The Episcopal Church of the Holy Communion, through the leadership of the rector and vestry, has engaged a process of Mission and Vision for the parish. In summer of 2015, the vestry began a series of one-on-one meetings with members that led to a series of 7 small gatherings attended by 115 people in Vestry members’ homes and at the church. Through this listening process we identified three “core values” that we share as a congregation:
At our Annual Meeting in January 0f 2016, we gathered the whole congregation in discussion of these values, and based on the conversations and surveys the Vestry adopted the following Mission Statement and Goals for the parish:
Adopted by the Vestry 3/30/2016
Holy Communion Mission Statement
The Episcopal Church of the Holy Communion is a welcoming and diverse community seeking to walk in the way of Jesus and to reveal Christ’s reconciling love in our city, nation, and world.
STRATEGIC GOALS for 2016/2017
- All new visitors will receive a personal touch/follow up.
- Increase Average Sunday Attendance to 125
- Increase weekly email recipients list from 198 to 300.
- Increase diversity of leadership in worship, and in participation in parish life.
- Create and publicly communicate a diversity statement
- Convene conversations regarding Church & Diversity
- Increase diversity in our music program
- Increase participation in parish events from 30 to 50 people per week.
- Create a Strategy for Pastoral Care and communicate it to the parish.
- Raise Holy Communion’s profile in community by identifying 10-15 “soft relationships” with community partners
- In one year we will launch and assess an outreach ministry based on a community need.