On the Mondays of Lent you are invited to journey into the question: how do we know God? Through prayer, conversation, study, and fellowship we will spend time with voices from the past 100 years that have held (re)define the Christian tradition.
We will start with a simple service of Contemplative Evening Prayer at 6:00pm. Each week we will explore a different prayer practices, from the Stations of the Cross, to chant, to silent Centering Prayer. The service will finish by 6:30pm, and we will gather for a simple vegetarian supper.
During supper, the rector or another member of the clergy will present on a “Modern Mystic,” asking the question: “How does this person invite us to know God?”
(Registration for childcare closed on February 26)
After learning of the reports of abuse by Jean Vanier, we have decided not to feature him. We lament with the folks of L’Arche and pray with them in this tough time. Please note the adjusted schedule below.
- 3/2 Richard Rohr and Cynthia Bourgeault: Introducing The Wisdom Way (Led by the Rector)
- 3/9 Pauli Murray and Carter Heyward: Redefining the Conversation (Led by the Rector)
- 3/16 Gustavo Guttierez and Oscar Romero: God takes a side (Led by the Rector)
- 3/23 Vida Dutton Scudder and Henri Nouwen: When Church and Society Fail (Led by the Rev. Marc Smith)
- 3/30 Anne Lammott and Sara Miles: Voices for Change and Renewal (Led by the Rev. Laurie Anzilotti)